Friday, August 12, 2011

RANT: Friend or Frienemy

By: Shattered Glass Rose
Find her on Twitter @Shattered1025


OK, it has been brought to my attention that we are not all as I thought. I was recently informed that not only are we not all one big TwiFam, but we also all apparently hate each other. I can not believe that to be true. I have found a great group of friends in the Fandom and would go to bat for any of them. We have become a family, which is why I call us all the TwiFam. Yes, I understand that some of you have received more notoriety for your stories, but that does not make you any better than those of us just getting started. I also understand that we are not all going to like every story that we read. However, I think that it is absolutely unacceptable to continually ream an author just because you don't agree with where you think they are taking their fic. You are not the one writing it. How do you know what is coming next? Leave a review letting them know that you don't like it, if you must. But why must you proceed to talk trash about them and their story for days at a time on an international forum? I get that it is YOUR Twitter and you can say whatever you want, but do you realize that every time you talk about it, you just make more people want to go read it. AND do you not realize that you are not making her look bad? In fact, all you are doing is making yourself look like a miserable bitch! Good job on that one!!! I feel bad for my friend because, like many newer authors, she looks up to those of you with more experience and she takes your words to heart. But, more than her, I feel sorry for the future generations, because if you are the example that is being set for them our whole world is SCREWED! I was raised with the rule of "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" and that is clearly not the case for all of us. Some might argue that I am breaking that rule here. But the bigger rules that I was raised with were "Stick up for the underdog" and "Defend your friends and what is right." So, I think those will cover this. So, I will stick to my feelings about the fandom and my TwiFam. Just one last thought, maybe if you and others like you quit being such bitches, there would be less hate and animosity in the fandom... Just saying.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you. It is unaceptable to leave a bad review. It is better to not review at all.
    The worst part is that the person or persons committing this atrocity don't even write. They have no idea, how it feels to spend to much time working on our ideas, and sharing them. It is very personal. Only those that actually writte like myself and many more. Including the
    incredible woman who I'm so proud to call her my friend @shattered Glass Rose.
    If you don't like a story don't read it. I don't like all stories. I know what I like. I know what I don't. But I still try I like to try new things. But I would never insult the writter.
    Next time that someone does not like a fic, fucking please just click the exit button. That way most of us are not thinking of YOU ad the biggest bitch!

    ReplyDelete